YES, You Can Help!
The world has never known a humanitarian crisis greater than this one. An entire generation of children and teens will soon inherit the burden of HIV and AIDS. They will have grown up knowing nothing but the affliction of this disease. It has left millions of children with nowhere to turn for help. Many of them are left to fend for themselves; they are hurting, alone, hungry, and desperately needing our help.
With your help, Say Yebo can provide shelter, food, clothing, education, and most importantly, a relationship with Jesus, to these precious orphans. God gave us our commission in James 1:27 when He told us "...to look after orphans and widows in their distress."
- AIDS has killed over 20 million worldwide with the majority in Africa.
- As many as 14 million children currently under the age of 15 have lost one or both parents to AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa.
- By 2010 there will be an estimated 25 million AIDS orphans in sub-Saharan Africa-more than all the children in the United Kingdom.
- Because most of the deaths occur in the young and the middle adult population, AIDS leaves in its wake a destitue population of children and elderly.
- Less than 10 percent of children orphaned by AIDS are receiving any kind of help or assitance.
- There are 6,000 new orphans every day, one every 14 seconds.